We are proud to say that we at Morgan Homes are a registered Help to Buy Wales partner, and al of our developments are registered with the scheme which helps buyers in Wales get on to the property ladder.
Help to Buy – Wales provides a shared equity loan to buyers of new-build homes. The scheme supports the purchase of homes bought through a registered Help to Buy – Wales builder.
How it works
With Help to Buy – Wales:
- you must provide a 5% deposit
- the scheme provides a shared equity loan of up to 20% of the purchase price
- you must take out a repayment mortgage to cover the remaining amount
To be eligible for the Help to Buy – Wales scheme, you must:
- be buying an eligible home, with a maximum price of £300,000 (from 1 April 2023) from a builder who is registered with the scheme
- be able to fund at least 80% of the property price through a combination of a repayment mortgage and a minimum deposit of 5% of the purchase price
- take out a first charge repayment mortgage with a qualifying lender
- not sub-let any part of the house you are buying through the scheme
- not be renting your existing home and buying a 2nd home through the scheme
For more information please click on the link below